It's Pancake Day! Baby Pancake recipe
Tuesday, 9 February 2016 | The Baby Hamper Company
Hooray, it's Pancake Day, and we love it!
Whether it's pancakes for breakfast, lunch or tea (or all three!) we thought we'd share a really easy and delicious pancake recipe that is great for the whole family, even little ones. It's a tried and tested foolproof recipe and the pancakes can be made in advance and kept in the fridge or freezer for reheating later.
Prep time - 5 mins
Makes 12 pancakes
100g plain flour
50g melted butter
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl, and add the eggs into a well in the flour.
- Whisk the eggs into the flour, then gradually add the milk to ensure a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan until hot, and brush with the melted butter. Pour approx. 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and swirl around to give a smooth layer of batter.
- Cook for around 1 minute.
- Using a spatula, flip the pancake over.
- Cook for a further minute until golden brown.
- If making the pancakes ahead for the fridge or freezer, layer with greaseproof paper to keep each pancake separate.
- Defrost pancakes thoroughly before reheating.
Delicious topped with fresh fruit and maple syrup, or grated cheese and tomato or scrambled eggs for a savoury alternative.
Posted in Parenting, Recipes